01 April 2012

In My Mailbox 14





What is "In My Mailbox"? In My Mailbox is a weekly meme. What is a meme, you ask? The simple description is  "an idea that spreads quickly." Usually the creator of the meme asks for other people to participate and ultimately link back to the person that started the meme. Memes shouldn't be confused with "features." There are some features that are somewhat exclusive to certain blogs, be courteous and don't steal content.

The idea of In My Mailbox is to bring books to the attention of our blog readers and to encourage interaction with other blogs.  Here's what I got this week, how about you?



Since I have started a new job at a bookstore I have gotten to know and work with an awesome guy in the kids department.  Any YA ARC's that come in go to a shelf in the kids area so I was able to check out what was available for reading and brought home a huge stack on Monday.




The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze
Tempest by Julie Cross
My Life in Black & White by Natasha Friend
The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland
Girl Meets Boy edited by Kelly Halls
The Springsweet (The Vespertine #2) by Saundra Mitchell
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

While adding these to my Goodreads list I figured out that The Springsweet is actually part of a series. *Smacks forehead* Of course, it's the second in the series.  

I also borrowed:

Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult
Fever (Chemical Garden Trilogy #2) by Lauren DeStefano

I have to say while reading Fever I looked at the cover and it is the PERFECT cover for the book.  The picture wraps around to the back and it aligns with the storyline.  I realized going back to Wither that both covers are great!



What are you reading this week?  Go visit The Story Siren to share your list and view Kristi's list!

5 comments:

LibrarySnake said...

Fever, awesome :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox.html

Shanon (Escaping With Fiction) said...

Ooh, these books look fantastic! The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is one of my favorite books, and My Life in Black and White looks interesting. Happy reading! =D

-Shanon @ Escaping With Fiction

Dani said...

What a nice haul! I may have to add some of these to my TBR pile.

Thanks for sharing your goodies!
Dani C
http://paulettespapers.com/

Passionate Bookworm said...

I miss working at a bookstore! Such a great way to be able to keep up on books :) The YA section was my 2nd home !! looks like you were able to get some great books! can't wait to hear your feedback on The Last princess! and Fever? Om gosh.. amazing

Mel said...

Library Snake - Fever was awesome...I can't wait for the next book.

Shanon- I have started reading them and gotten through 2 of them but not to either of the ones you mentioned. The Statistical one has been on my mind since Kristy talked about it on her blog.

Dani- You definitely should! They are fun books.

Passionate Bookworm- Yeah I'm lucky to have found a job at a bookstore again. YA is my speciality. The store I work in has a guy who took over the dept and we have an ongoing discussion of what he should read as well as what books are good for what age etc.