11 March 2012

In My Mailbox 12





What is "In My Mailbox"? In My Mailbox is a weekly meme. What is a meme, you ask? The simple description is  "an idea that spreads quickly." Usually the creator of the meme asks for other people to participate and ultimately link back to the person that started the meme. Memes shouldn't be confused with "features." There are some features that are somewhat exclusive to certain blogs, be courteous and don't steal content.

The idea of In My Mailbox is to bring books to the attention of our blog readers and to encourage interaction with other blogs.  Here's what I got this week, how about you?


Visit to the library:














I am trying to pick up titles on my To-Read list from my Goodreads account which if you visit, I have 250 books on.  Clearly I need to stop adding titles. 

So Not Happening by Jenny B. Jones (The Charmed Life #1)
So Over My Head by Jenny B. Jones (The Charmed Life #3)
I placed the #2 on reserve so hopefully it is coming from another library branch.


The Revenant by Sonia Gensler
On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta


Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle
What Boys Really Want by Pete Hautman - Wasn't on my list just saw it on the YA new shelf.


Save Me by Lisa Scottoline 


I started a new job this week YAY! And it's at a bookstore so last night I brought home some ARC's:






Minding Ben by Victoria Brown
Object of My Affection by Jill Smolinski
Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson
The Midwife of Venus by Roberta Rich


I also requested an ARC from Random House thanks to Lissa Price.








What are you reading this week?  Go visit The Story Siren to share your list and view Kristi's list!

4 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Everything you got looks so good! I love going to the library and walking out with a bunch of great books! Hope you enjoy all you got :)

Here's my IMM!

Shanon (Escaping With Fiction) said...

Great IMM, and congrats on starting your new job at a bookstore!! Starters looks so good, and I'm intrigued by The Revenant. Happy reading! =)

-Shanon @ Escaping With Fiction

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! Yay Jellicoe Road. It's incredible.
My IMM

Mel said...

Jessica,

I've been working on whittling down my to-read list for the past month so finding most of them through the library has been a huge help.

Shannon,

Thanks! I love the job! It's been a couple years since I worked in a bookstore and this one is a bit different because they have used books too. The people there are great!

Alison,

Good I can't wait to read it and see what it's like!