05 February 2012

In My Mailbox 7


I was out at Powell's and picked up a couple of books last week.  I've already read all four of them.  Here they are:




The Catherine Gilbert Murdock trilogy


I know I read Dairy Queen when it came out a couple years ago but had forgotten about it until I saw it at the store and had to have it.  I read the first two books in one night, staying up until 5 am, and the third the next day.  













Since I read and LOVED Shut Out by Kody Keplinger I figured would love this book as well.  This is actually her first book but I heard about SO first so thats what I read first.  I really got into D.U.F.F. but there was a point where I got upset and had to stop for a couple minutes.  Overall I'd highly recommend this book.












I pre-ordered this months ago when I spent about two days going over a list of what books were pre-orderable.  Then I moved to Oregon and so when it arrived, late from Amazon, my mother had to ship it to me.  It arrived on the 27th January, the day before the John and Hank Green event at the Bagdad Theater downtown Portland.  I ended up reading it on the train to and from the event.  It is a surprise.  I say that because I had an idea of what the book was about, but had no way of knowing the extent of amazingness it would be.  READ THIS BOOK.  


Currently I'm reading a TON of e-books but here is a paperback I bought a while ago:


Once in a Lifetime by Cathy Kelly
I'm pretty much addicted to British and Irish authors.  I lived in Northern Ireland for 15 months and have visited a number of times.  So I will pick up mostly any authors books from there.  I hope if you decide to try an Irish or British Author you will pick up Cecilia Ahern.  I have several of her books and she is imaginative and her stories are feel good. 


I also picked up a few more books at Powell's this week that I haven't read yet:


So I had another book by Simone Elkeles on my to buy list but could only find other books in stock.  So I picked this series called Leaving Paradise and Return to Paradise.  I also picked up another book by Catherine Gilbert Murdock called Princess Ben.  She wrote the trilogy at the top called Dairy Queen.  




What are you reading this week?  Go visit The Story Siren to share your list and view Kristi's list!

6 comments:

Megan Swicegood said...

I read Dairy Queen a few years back too and loved it - I guess I didn't realize there were followups :( I'll have to check them out. I love the Paradise books by Simone E. - they're my favorite of her books.
Happy Reading! Megan @ Read It, See It

Mel said...

Yeah I was working at Borders when the first one came out so I know I read that one for sure...not sure if I read the 2nd one. And I wasn't aware that there was a 3rd until I was at the store and found the series randomly.

I'm excited to read the Paradise books. They look really interesting! :)

Chey said...

I loved both The DUFF and Shut Out. Can't wait for her next one! Happy reading! :D

Justin941 said...

You got a lot of awesome books. :) Hope you enjoy all of these books.

Here is mine: IMM (13)

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I love the Dairy Queen books. I'm glad you liked them.
My IMM

Hafsah - IceyBooks said...

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS! I haven't read any of John Green's books, but I did receive a copy of this one! Happy reading :)
Stop by my blog