11 September 2011

In My Mailbox (2)

It's been a long week filled with work and many naps.  The only excitement I've had is to get through some of the books that were IMM last week.  So today after work I went over to Borders to see if there were any last minute books I HAD to have before they close on Thursday night.

Ended up getting 6 books, only because there was an extra 15% off the already huge markdowns in the store.  This extra percentage off plus the original percentages off had me saving $95 on all 6 books I bought. :)  So here's what I ended up getting:

Bought:

Bright Young Things series
Book 1
Yes I know I'm a BIIIIIT slow to finally get the first book in this series, but I found it in hardcover which is great :)

The Flappers Series
Book 1
Yet again, I'm a bit behind on getting the first book in a series but I was also able to get this in hardcover.

The Cardturner
I am a huge fan of the book Holes, so when I saw this book by the same author I thought I'd try it, plus the plot looked fun!

The other 3 books I bought were Fiction and a Mystery....What did you pick up this week?  Go visit The Story Siren to share your list!

5 comments:

Sash and Em said...

we LOVE it when a book is FREE!!

Here's our IMM

Shanella said...

Have to read Vixen! I have it, just haven't gotten to it.

Happy reading!
My IMM!

Mel said...

Thanks!

I know the Vixen books looks good...I hope to get a start on it this week.

Shoshanah said...

I've been hearing great things about Bright Young Things although I've yet to pick them up. I do have the first in the author's Luxe series, so hopefully once I finish those I can move onto Bright Young Things.

Mel said...

Shoshanah- I haven't heard much about them to be honest but I figured I'd give this series a try.