17 May 2010

Attempt to write more

Saturday was...a team meeting at work at 8 am...and then going to the DMV for a sticker so my license plates are current.  I took a 4 hour nap before waking up and watching some movies in the living room.  Oh and a stranger came to the door to tell me he almost hit one of our calves who was on the road.  Flash, our dog, protected me by barking a lot.  So Flash and I went outside and located the calf and he managed to jump over the fence to get back in with the other cows.  I had called our neighbor to come help because he is my protector and he always tells me to call if I'm not safe.  I've called him a number of times about random vehicles stopped on our road.

Sunday was...going to town with mom for Market Days.  It was sort of raining on and off but we had fun.  I even got some slippers so my feet aren't cold.  We went for brunch but it was pretty expensive for the amount of food we had!  Oh well, live and learn.  We also went to the grocery store, so now I have some food for work and before work instead of always eating sandwiches.

Monday was...getting up and calling the insurance company to get rates for car insurance so that when I go to court I can try and get the ticket I got for no insurance cut down to paying less money, since I do not have the money to pay for it in the first place.  I also discovered that I had washed my work jeans with the numbers for two ladies I was going to call about cleaning their homes (I was given their numbers by the co-worker I clean for now).  Oops!  Always check those pockets.  I called the chiropractor and scheduled an appointment to see her before I went to work.  After work, I went grocery shopping again...this time it was with my friend so he could get peanut butter.  But as usual, I got him to buy healthy food....foods with no high fructose corn syrup, and fruit!  I have fun shopping with him since I always let him pick food out but then I switch it for healthier choices of the same thing.  It's pretty funny.

My goal is to write more regularly, so we shall see how that goes.  I also have a goal of reading more since that has been slipping away.  I wish Netflix also had a book borrowing service since I always forget to go to the library.

Music to listen to: Jack's Mannequin, either album
Book to read: The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie (no he does not own A&F)

No comments: