22 April 2010

I owe myself an explanation

I haven't written in eons...and I don't know if it's because I haven't felt the urge to record the many things I've been up to or because I look at this page and wonder where to start.

I can't begin to summarize where I left off from my last post so instead I'll go over the highlights in no particular order:

1. I bought an XBox 360.  I bought it with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.  I have gotten through the entire MW game on easy.  I started playing MW2 on regular.  I am currently stuck...and after a day and a half of trying I'm taking a break before I go back and work on it again.  I bought Call of Duty 2 and have been having fun playing on easy (I should really up the difficulty).  I think I got stuck on this game as well so I have taken a break from it.  Yes, all I own are 3 COD games...nothing more.  I am borrowing 5 games from 2 friends: I have Orange Box, Gears of War 2 (but want to play the first one first), Grand Theft Auto IV, Too Human and Devil May Cry.  I am slowly working my way through Orange Box, I'm currently playing Half Life 2.  When I'm at my friend Brians house I've been playing Halo...which I'm quite enjoying.

2. I sold my Nintendo DS to a friend who has borrowed it a number of times, which helped pay for the XBox.  She also has my Wii...so we can play Mario (which I'm borrowing from another friend).  There sure is a lot of borrowing going on here!

3.  A few weeks ago on only a couple days notice I went with my friend Harriette to Chicago on the train to meet her friend from Detroit who got the train to Chicago.  We spent the day wandering around (you can see photos on my flickr account).  We went to the Lego Store, Apple Store, American Girls Store, Lush and Borders.  It was a fun day before we got on the train and came home.

4.  Yesterday I got out my container of summer clothes, pulled down my winter clothes from my closet and made a huge pile of clothes to give away.  Yay for decision making!

5. My friend Ryan is coming home in....a WEEK! I'm so excited.  We have been counting down the days.  We keep making plans for all the things we are going to do when he gets here.  It should be a fun summer!

6. Last weekend I went on my friend Mollie's 2nd Annual No Frills Scrapbooking Retreat about an hour 1/2 from here.  It was nice to get away and get a ton of pages done.  Now I just need to put them all into albums so I can show other people all my photos.  The pages I completed are Walt Disney World (Oct 09), sledding with Brian (Jan 10), BlogHer09 (July 09), Black/White photo set (fall 09)...and I started working on photos from our Family Road Trip (Dec 09), but my photo printer was almost out of ink so I couldn't print them.  Course then I came home and found items that should have been included on the pages..so now I need to figure out what I'm going to add...or just not worry about!

7.  Biking!  Well Brian and I have gone biking together and I've gone out once on my own.  We have been biking in town, since he just (this winter) moved about 3 blocks away from a wonderful biking/walking path.  We have gone a total of almost 30 miles I think.  It's hard to tell since there are places the path is mile marked but it's not complete throughout the path.  It's great because my brothers bike is a better fit for Brian and his bike is a better fit for me because of how tall they are.

I think that is everything I can think of at this moment.  Unless you want to ask me about Goldfish Crackers....which I have tried a new flavor for..or the Pepperidge Farms cookies...nomnomnom...I need to sit and write about the new items they are putting out!

Things I'm reading: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan (nope the movie is in my Instant Queue on Netflix but I haven't seen it yet) and The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
Lately I've been listening to OneRepublic, Paramore, and Coldplay.  Paramore is starting their next leg of their tour this week and in a few weeks I'm going to see them when they come to our area :) I can't wait!!

No comments: