31 August 2009

Dreamin'

Along with my crazy work schedule, I've thrown a going away party for one friend and attended another. Helped move a friend. Taken a Scrapbooking 101 class (didn't learn much but had fun & met some nice ladies). Worked crazy hours & had only one full day off between the 2 jobs as well as putting together a Blurb photo book (finally!) and purchasing said book so I have a nice copy to share with everyone. If you'd like to see a preview of this book you can click on it in the sidebar (to the right) and on the Blurb website you can flip through some of the pages.

I've also been absorbed in reading books...many books such as the Melissa Marr series starting off with Wicked Lovely and reading the next 2 books (only to find a 4th is not out yet), the first book in the Theatre Illuminata series by Lisa Mantchev (& twittering the author who is lovely), as well as a non-fiction book called The Unlikely Disciple by Kevin Roose.

I've also been helping do a reset at the electronics store. It's a bit different in my department but as of today we have a couple new gadgets that I wouldn't mind owning! I've also been messing up my sleep schedule with naps since between my jobs they keep having me work odd shifts. Such as Sunday I worked 7 am to 10 am (we were done early), came home slept for 4 or 5 hours, then to bookstore where I worked 6 pm to 1 am...then came home and took a nap before heading to the electronics store for a 6 am shift where I stayed til noon and then...yes I came home and slept til 6:30 tonight.

All in all it works out to a very hectic schedule. Oh and I even found time to go to the doctor last week who told me I was stressed, need to drink more water, exercise 30 mins a day and not intake sugar as much.

I am trying to learn how to use new media as well. I set up a story on Whrrl but it didn't save & I'm too frustrated to re-do it at the moment but hopefully soon I will :)

No comments: