06 June 2009

Things to say

So on Sunday I started my 'new' job. At the electronics store they have decided to change it up as to how we are set up staff wise. So I had a decision to make and I chose to do Merch for the department I have been in since I started. So basically I'm doing all the same things except I don't have to deal with selling anything to customers. I put signage out, set up displays and put out all the product as soon as it comes in. It's great! I have been enjoying it and I love getting so much accomplished each day.

I've also been messing up my sleep schedule. If I don't end up working both jobs I will come home after work and take a nap.

Last night was a Mel be social night so I went to a friend's and we went for ice cream at Dairy Queen...never been before, then to the bookstore for books (I bought 5, listed below) and then we went a bit crazy. I was hoping to go to the Rhubarb Festival today but it rained. So here I am....maybe I'll read a book. Right now I'm watching Smart Travels on PBS. The gentleman is in France and it's neat to watch since I was in Paris but didn't see everything he is visiting on the show.

I have been reading books like crazy...here are the ones I can remember reading in the past few weeks:
Thanks for the Memories by Cecilia Ahern
The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
The Love of Her Life by Harriet Evans
Wild Designs by Katie Fforde
Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin
Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah
Nose Down, Eyes Up by Merrill Markoe
Up Island by Anne Rivers Siddons
Sarah's Child by Linda Howard

Okay I think that's all I've read...

I just bought
An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell
Sleeping Arrangements by Madeline Wickham (who happens to also write under Sophie Kinsella)
Before the Frost by Henning Mankell
The Grand Finale by Janet Evanovich
Naughty Neighbor by Janet Evanovich (which I've to return since I discovered I already have a copy on my shelf)

Now that I've made this list I'm checking out Amazon.co.uk to purchase more books! That's the problem I look at the authors website and find books I want to read that I can't purchase in the US yet..so have to order them.

No comments: