03 September 2008

Photos and emails

Has anyone ever emailed you a photo..and you thought..'what were they thinking? that's not something I really ever wanted to see...umm thanks?'
Yup that's how I felt..only the person called me then emailed me to share their moment...and based on my response when I was told this person was getting married to another person I am related to...well here's my response to that 'it's about time' and then I walked out of the house to work.
I'm not heartless...I'm just not a gushy person when it comes to this type of thing...but they knew I'd react how I did and laughed at me.
Anyway..I was shown the following picture and you know what I said, 'Well that's great, nothing like being financially prepared for a baby'. Then my friend went on to ask me if I was excited about it because I am a relative..and I said 'no, I don't want children why would I be thrilled about someone else having them.' Really..I don't want kids. I don't mind babysitting them, but I like giving them back. And I know deep down I wouldn't be a good fit as a mum....it's just my personality and I know I don't have enough patience for it.

I don't care about other people's kid choices...but I also don't get too excited about it..heck I didn't get excited about the wedding..why would this be different.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I can honestly say that I have never received an email with a photo of a +PT (or a -PT for that matter). When I found out I was pregnant, I didn't even THINK about taking a picture of stick that I peed on. Ick.

Don't feel bad about your feelings though. You are who you are. :)