23 March 2008

Forgetfulness is obviously a problem I have

So on Friday, I went out with a friend. We went to Sonics...and had horrid service but good food with the exception of the wrong tea, eww sweet tea..no i ordered raspberry honest! We saw The Other Boleyn Girl and I definitely will not be reading her books anytime soon. It was a very historical movie but not in the least a happy one.

Going to work on Saturday it ended up I left my wallet at home, after not driving on Friday night and luckily had brought yogurt with me for lunch..thinking I would run over to Target and grab some sushi. However with no wallet I ended up eating my yogurt and feeling quite rundown...luckily one of the guys was kind enough to give me a piece of pizza that he had ordered. YAY for food. So after work, having forgotten a change of clothes, and wallet, I headed home and did not attend church...oh well!

Today was a lazy day. I finally read A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. It's been on my shelf since October at least, but finally got round to reading! Then I realized it actually is a trilogy..so I found 2 coupons and off I went to the bookstore to get the other books. I debated for quite some time whether or not to get the third book seeing as it is hard cover and the other 2 are paperback. I don't like hardcovers much and especially like having a series in the same covers...so after I read it I may sell it and then get the qp of it when it comes out. I also snagged a copy of Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich as I've read the first two, which I got through Swaptree and am hoping to get the next few. They are better than I expected as I am dubious of such a lengthy series...after all she's up to at least 13 in this particular one.

Things to check out...Libba Bray's series of Gemma Doyle and The Nels Cline Singers latest cd Draw Breath...which may be harder to find.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm always looking for good books. Our neighborhood has just started a book club. We are reading Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. So far I love it. BTW, I finally posted the 7 random things meme that you tagged me with ages ago. Sorry it took so long. That illness did me in.