24 January 2008

found in our local Reader

This is an ad I spotted in our local area Reader newspaper. I really enjoy the ad's in this paper, it's probably my favourite part of the whole paper because people try to buy and sell the funniest things in it. Anyway... 'Babysitter needed immediately in Davenport. $700/week. Must love children! and then the phone number.

So tell me, how is it that that is a BABYSITTER posting? That sounds more like a nanny position to me. And the really big question has to be how many children are there and I'm assuming they are under school age?!

Any comments or thoughts?

2 comments:

Michele said...

Many, many years ago, I worked in the classified advertising department of a local newspaper in a very southern town. When the people would call in to place their ads, I'd just about gag myself to not laugh out loud at the way they worded things. My favorite was when some farmer would call in and say, "yea, I wantta put my pickup in the paper." Thanks for reminding me of that very funny time in my life.

shot in the arm said...

hehe...yeah there are a lot of goofy ad's out there. That's one of my favorite parts of the Reader actually. :)